- 1、To improve forecast skill and understanding on the subseasonal to seasonal timescale with special emphasis on high-impact weather events.
- 2、To promote the initiative’s uptake by operational centres and exploitation by the applications community.
- 3、To capitalize on the expertise of the weather and climate research communities to address issues of importance to the Global Framework for Climate Services.
- 1、The WMO Commission of Atmospheric Sciences (CAS) requested at its 15th session (Nov 2009) that WCRP, WWRP and THORPEX set up an appropriate collaborative structure for subseasonal prediction.
- 2、A WCRP/WWRP/THORPEX workshop was held at Exeter in Dec 2010 which recommended formation of a Planning Group to write an implementation plan for an S2S project under WCRP-WWRP-THORPEX sponsorship.
- 3、The implementation plan was written in 2012, was endorsed by the WWRP and WCRP JSCs, and creation of the Subseasonal to seasonal prediction project was approved by the WMO Executive Council, which also approved the creation of a project office and a trust fund for sub-seasonal to seasonal prediction.
- 4、Term of references have been drafted:. The project will last 5 years starting in 2013 with the option to extend based on a review of progress, achievements and remaining gaps.
- 1、Evaluate potential predictability of subseasonal events, including identifying windows of opportunity for increased forecast skill.
- 2、Understand systematic errors and biases in the subseasonal to seasonal forecast range.
- 3、Compare, verify and test multi-model combinations from these forecasts and quantify their uncertainty.
- 4、Focus on some specific extreme event case studies
- National Meteorological Information Center (CMA Meteorological Data Center)
- Address : No.46, Zhongguancun South Street, Haidian District, Beijing, China
- Postcode: 100081
- E_mail : email@example.com
- Tel : +86-10-6840 7499
Introduction to China Meteorological Data Service Center
China Meteorological Data Service Center, an upgraded system of the meteorological data sharing network, is an important component of the underlying national science and technology platform and a main portal application system of meteorological cloud. It is an authoritative and unified shared service platform for China Meteorological Administration to open its meteorological data resources to domestic and global users, and a data supporting platform for China to open its meteorological service market and promote the sharing and efficient application of meteorological information resources as a new meteorological service system.
China Meteorological Data Service Center is intended to meet the meteorological data sharing needs by the national and social development, with a focus on the establishment of a standard system, integration of data resources, construction of a sharing platform and delivery of data sharing services.
The data services are enjoyed by social groups and public users including governmental, public welfare, and commercial.
The service modalities of China Meteorological Data Service Center include online data services and offline data services. The former provides online data downloads and services through China Meteorological Data Service Center, while the latter telephone counseling, information consulting, and thematic data products generated according to user needs.
4.China Meteorological Data Service Center portal website
China Meteorological Data Service Center（http://data.cma.cn）